Ejiro Okurame: My lesbianism experience

19:28:00



What’s the secret to your success?
It’s been challenging but I give the glory to God because He has been faithful. It’s not been easy trying to climb the ladder of success. You encounter all kinds of challenges. A lot of people will love you and a lot would hate you. But so far I give Glory to God; I thank God for being there. He has always been my strength. I always run to Him when I have challenges.

What’s been your most challenging role?
All the movies I have done are very challenging. Basically, I could say that movies like Warri Girl and Tough Wife were the most challenging.


Outside of acting, who is Ejiro?
Ejiro is just a normal girl from Delta State. I am the last from a family of seven. My parents are in Lagos.


What’s your assessment of Nollywood?
It has created jobs and provided food for many families. Nollywood has taking a lot of people to many places and opened a lot of doors. It has built many career men and women. Although, we still have some challenges here and there but we are doing our best.

Were you sexually harassed as an upcoming actress?
I didn’t set myself up to be sexually harassed. However, the issue of sexual harassment is in every organization not just Nollywood. It happens everywhere.


So, you are in a relationship now?
Yes, I am seeing my boyfriend.

What attracted you to him?
His composure and understanding makes him different. Generally, he is that kind of a man that understands the nature of my work. If I want to go anywhere, all he needs is for me to tell him where I am going to work.

You are not getting younger. When is he taking you down the aisle?
You will get the invite soon; I am old enough to get married and have children.

What kept you long from getting married?
What kept me long was that I had not found the right man.

Was it in Nollywood that you lost your virginity?
(Laughter) No comment bros, no comment. When did you lose your own?

What is your view about lesbianism in the industry?
I think it is demonic. I won’t say much about it because a lot of people are involved. The industry needs divine intervention so God can erase such people from the industry. It has eaten deep and it is affecting us. That’s why we need to seek the presence of God. Lesbianism is a sign of the end of time.

Have you been a victim before?
No, not really. I think it is when you give room for these things that they occur. I was in Abuja for a particular event when a lady asked me to sit on her laps. I was like ‘what, sit on your laps! For what?’ I left and got my own chair.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images